Monday, October 24, 2016

Best Music for Writing Inspiration

It really should be no surprise that epic music helped to inspire me and keep me writing as I was working on Remnant: The Clans of Arcadia. Remnant is filled with magic, far away lands, and a fight against good and evil, so it only makes sense that Celtic Thunder had a hand in my inspiration.

Specifically, the Isle of Innisfree, Turning Away, and Hunter's Moon from the Mythology album has been played over and over and over again. I absolutely love these pieces. There's just something about music that takes my mind to other places. Perhaps it's because I was a musician for so long that I feel the music more than hear it. With Celtic Thunder, feeling the music is pure joy.







Another group that I've found inspirational is not as well known as Celtic Thunder. They are Valentine Wolfe. They sing chamber metal. The vocalist, Sarah, has a haunting voice, and Braxton is simply amazing on the bass cello. I haven't been able to buy their newest albums yet. But, the album I did buy is called, Once Upon a Midnight, and it's fantastic. It features the poetry of Edgar Allan Poe. What could be better for influencing a writer? I hope someday I can get Valentine Wolf to perform a book trailer for The Collision of Fire and Ice. How cool that would be!









These groups are only two of the ones that have influenced my writing. I will post more later. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.


--Arwen, 



Let me know what music influences your writing in the comments below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment