Wednesday, October 5, 2016

One of My Favorite Authors: Ursula K. Le Guin


I absolutely adore the Earthsea Cycle --six books in all. Ursula K. Le Guin's masterpiece has greatly influenced me as a writer, and I am certain that the sorcerer Ged is off somewhere visiting my characters living in Arcadia.

I began writing Collision of Fire and Ice in 2004,  after I fell in love with A Wizard of Earthsea. I cannot express how much Le Guin's novel inspired me to take up my pen, and truly I had never thought about the correlation until this moment. But, I think her work helped me to realize I wanted to create a world of my own, a world that I could escape in, and hopefully a place other people will enjoy visiting, too.

If you've never watched the following video, I whole-heartedly recommend watching it. I thought it was amazing!


No comments:

Post a Comment