Saturday, November 9, 2019

The Holidays Are Upon Us!

The Holiday Season is Upon Us!

It seems like it was just a few days ago that I was taking down my Christmas tree and now it's almost time to put back up all the decorations. Last Monday I headed out for a routine appointment in San Antonio, and when I got home my daughter had put up a new Christmas tree.

A few weeks ago we were walking through our Walm-Mart garden center and I told her how I dreamed of having a particular Christmas tree, but it was way out of my budget! She and I talked about it for quite a while because it was a beautiful snow-covered tree with berries and pinecones. It really didn't even need decorations to be beautiful, but that was the end of it. Or so I thought.

When I got home on Monday there was a huge surprise waiting for me. There in my living room was the tree I dreamed about. My daughter (who's just now 21) had thought about how much I wanted that Christmas tree and bought it for this year's "family gift." I suspect for years to come we will enjoy this tree, hopefully someday with a few grandkids and some sons-in-law. I am still overwhelmed by the gift and am so thankful for her thoughtfulness.

As we go out this year into the holiday season, I hope I can challenge you to show kindness, no matter how big or how small to those you meet. I know I'm challenging myself each day. Together we can make the world a brighter place. <3

With regard to my writing, I'm still plugging away at the keyboard. I'm working on Sun God's Game: Level Two: Viper's Kiss, and The Clans of Arcadia: Found. I'm not sure when I'll have them finished, but I hope soon! (Before Christmas would be nice!)

I want to encourage you to support Indie authors as you prepare for the holidays. There are a lot of treasures to be found in the Indie Market. I'm including a few promos at the bottom of this newsletter. One is a FREE promo where you can download books and get added to some up and coming authors mailing lists. The others are for Kindle Unlimited Books of various genres, and of course fantasy and science fiction!

I'm always up for a chat. Look me up on Facebook. My author's page is: https://www.facebook.com/authorarwenchandler/

HUGS!

Arwen








No comments:

Post a Comment