Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Book Review Eomix Galaxy Books: Illusion by Christa Yelich-Koth

About Illusion:

"One strength is the depth of the abilities you’ve created for Daith. Everything in your book is SO well thought out … I can just feel the anticipation!” —From Jessica Therrien, Barnes & Noble best-selling author of the Children of the Gods series.


Daith's father is dead. His death caused a rip in the galaxy's peace. The remains of his army are fighting to restore it.

But Daith knows nothing of this. Her memories have been stolen. She has been kidnapped. All she knows is she has unparalleled abilities that could help end the devastation. Except without her past, how can she know if she's on the right side?

Time is running out and Daith must choose: to search for who she was or use her gifts to restore order. (Amazon)



I really enjoyed Illusion. The story was compelling, and it kept drawing me back for more. I felt like the beginning was a little slow, but not so slow that it was off putting. In fact, it was probably necessary to build Daith's character.

Christa created compelling characters and I really enjoyed getting to know Daith and Dru. I am hopeful Dru will somehow resurface later. I feel like with Daith all things are possible. :)  I also hope to see more of Dr. Ludd in the future.

One of my favorite parts of the book was when Christa dove into Jacin Jaxx past. I really want to read more of his story. In fact, a prequel about him would be really cool!

If you like hardcore science-fiction, you will love this book. I look forward to reading the sequel as soon as I can get a chance.

Great job, Christa!!!

--Arwen

No comments:

Post a Comment