Thursday, December 22, 2016

Must Read: 47 Mind Hacks for Writers by Karen Dimmick & Steve Dimmick

I downloaded this book yesterday. It was on the "because you read" section Amazon sends us when we get on the Kindle homescreen. I looked at it for about two seconds, and said, "OK." So, I opened it up, and couldn't put it down.

I think many authors, if not all, face some sort of self-doubt. I know mine stems from fear. Although, it is not the fear of failure in a generalized way. I tend to be afraid I can't support our family after my hub's stroke. Because of this, I often remind myself, I must not fear.

In fact, since the stroke on January 01, 2016 I have been repeating one of my favorite lines from Dune. "Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me."(Dune) Sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't.

Thanks to 47 Mind Hacks for Writers, I now have even more ways to confront my writing issues. 47 Mind Hacks for Writers, helps writers get past the point of fear, self-doubt, and any other issue they may face. I really can't tell the Dimmicks thank you enough for writing this book. I read it via Kind Unlimited, but I will be buying it. I really wish there was a print copy, (I didn't find one on Amazon) because it's one of those books you want to hold in your hand, underline and keep on your desk. Maybe in the future?

At any rate, if you suffer from any thing that holds you back from writing this book is for you. No matter how big or small, I would read this book. I plan to put several ideas she has into practice; including, the "make writing a game" suggestion. I won't spoil it for you -- read it. You won't be disappointed!

-- Arwen


About 47 Mind Hacks for Writers by Karen Dimmick & Steve Dimmick


"Has writer's block or procrastination stopped you writing?
Is your inner critic sabotaging your success and making you think your writing is dreadful and no one would ever read it?

Imagine, no more procrastinating. No more interruptions. No more feeling you're not good enough to be the writer you long to be. No more conflicts with family. No more writer's block.

Awareness + Solution = Mind Hack
Rather than "feel good inspiration", 47 Mind Hacks for Writers takes you through the simple steps you need to shift your mindset so you can write on your terms.

We asked over 100 writers what their biggest obstacles were around writing. This book gives you a mind hack for each one.

DISCOVER 47 Mind Hacks that Will Make You a More Productive Writer
The book will help you:

  • Put an end to writer's block… forever
  • Uncover the real reason you're procrastinating and start writing today
  • Discover a fun way to get your family to help you reach your writing goals
  • Stop feeling like you're not good enough
  • Shut down the overly-critical self-talk that holds you back


Karen & Steve Dimmick have been using belief change techniques, coaching and Neuro-Linguistics since 2004, and have been helping authors since 2007.

"Essential reading for writers ready to go pro." – Tom Morkes, CEO of Insurgent Publishing

You know what life hacking is, now it's time to hack your mind, get out of your own way and be the writer you know you can be.

DOWNLOAD 47 Mind Hacks for Writers, today, and get back in control of your writing life!" (Amazon)

No comments:

Post a Comment